Pan-seared ear

I know ear. I have had boiled ears in Seoul and dipped them in a fermented red sauce that tastes like a corpse smells. Here in Madrid, the pig gives his all in the form of oreja a la plancha, and it's almost indistinguishable from bacon but has a chewier, more interesting texture. Touch your own ear right now. Feels like it would be pretty fun to eat, right?



It appears to have been pounded flat so that it cooks evenly in the pan. On this night it came with a mini-bolillo so you could make a sandwich out of part of it, and I did, of course. It's one of those Madrileno raciones (larger portions) that you're supposed to share with your friends, but I don't have any friends here and am hungry af. I got it at El Buo, 150 meters from my apartment in La Latina. I couldn't believe my own orejas when they said they didn't have any coffee, and I like a nice espresso after my meal, so I won't be coming back.



Popular Posts